Information that we collect and how we collect it
1. Personal information
If you are applying to be listed on our website directory, we may collect the following types of information via the application form on our website:
• First and last name
• Information to be placed on your business profile on the website (if applicable) which contains details about your products, your website and other information as entered by you.
• Postal address
• Telephone or mobile number
• Website address
• Email address
• Photographs of yourself, your brand and promotional material and/or the products you sell
For other users of our website, you may provide to us your email address if you have requested to be on our mailing list via our Website.
2. Technical information
When using websites, mobile applications, internet services and the like, associated software automatically creates and records some information. Our website is no exception and some of the types of information we may record are:
• Log Data. When you visit our website, as a registered user or as a visitor just browsing, our servers automatically record information about how you use our website, including your Internet Protocol address, what website you were visiting before you accessed our website, which browser you use and when you visited our website.
Use of your personal information:
If you have applied for your business to be listed on our website, the information that you provide to us in the application form may be used to:
1. Make an assessment as to whether your application matches our criteria. For example, we will take into consideration your product, current business and trading details, and photographs of work in deciding whether to accept your application;
2. Contact you about the outcome of your application and if successful, send you invoices; and
3. Be placed on our website directory. You have input as to what appears on your business profile and we will not place information on it without your consent or authorisation. You can also request that it be removed at any time by emailing us.
We will not send you marketing materials unless you have specifically authorised us to do so by joining or opting into our mailing lists.
You may choose to sign up to receive newsletters from us. We have two mailing lists:
1. a general mailing list which includes email addresses from anyone who wishes to sign up; and
2. a specific mailing list which includes email addresses from businesses that have been listed on our directory in the past who choose to be a part of the mailing list.
Whether you are a business or a member of the public, we will not add your email address to any mailing list unless you specifically authorise us to do so by “opting in”.
If you have authorised us to add your email address to our mailing lists, you may remove your email address from the list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in all newsletters that we send to you.
Use of technical information:
We may use the technical information collected by our website to determine how many people view our Website and how the user arrived at our Website.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties:
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent. We do not sell your information to other parties.
The only information that will be available publicly is information that you allow to be placed on your business profile, such as your website address and/or Facebook page.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia:
We will not transfer your personal information outside Australia. However, given that our website is accessible by anyone overseas, if you are a business listed in our directory, your personal information may be visible to overseas residents.
Disposal of your personal information:
After your business subscription has ended, we generally delete all application forms and images connected to the application forms from our records unless we have business reasons to keep that information.
We may also retain general information such as your name, email address, postal address for recurring invoicing and sending you newsletters if you have opted in to receive them.